We are looking for a full-stack, software engineer to join our team of engineers that support this e-commerce business unit. Our online retail business is rapidly growing and we need developers to create internal tools that support all areas of the business. We also have an insatiable demand for data and need people to connect to APIs provided by websites such as Amazon, ChannelAdvisor and more. These APIs provide a lot of informative data that enable the business users to make informed decisions.
Here's where you come in:
You'll join our web development team and work with people throughout the company to gather project requirements and craft solutions that help drive the business forward.
You will be working in a PHP environment utilizing the Laravel framework to build microservices that will connect to the various APIs and utilize various datastores to store the information. We currently have solutions that utilize MariaDB, MySQL, Azure Blob Storage and JSON to house the data.
You will also work within our existing PHP codebase and businesses intelligence applications to build and modify tools and reports utilized by employees across the organization.
- You should have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field. We may also consider industry experience in lieu of a degree.
- Modern PHP development experience is required. A strong knowledge of Laravel or Symfony is strongly preferred.
- Advance SQL experience is one of the most important aspects required and a working knowledge or better of other datastores is a strong plus.
- You will need the ability to work with end users to determine problem resolutions (that may or may not require programming).
- Experience working with version controls systems such as Git is ideal.
- Being able to read, write, and speak English as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills is required.
About mDesign and InterDesign
mDesign is a Direct to the consumer, Digitally Native Vertical Brand. We launched on Amazon and gained momentum rapidly through their marketplace. We became an agile, successful, multi-million-dollar company and a leader in our industry that is experiencing hyper growth. We are guided by our founder/owner, an entrepreneur with over 40 years of experience in the industry. The strength of our brand and what it represents starts with our dedicated and talented team committed to working together and bringing their best every day.
mDesign is a distinct business unit of InterDesign and we are based in Solon, Ohio, just outside of Cleveland. We have grown to be a global leader in housewares with distribution facilities in Ohio, Europe, China and Japan. We sell to over 100 countries across multiple continents.
Our mission is to make everyday living easier with innovative products designed to help people organize and enhance their homes with style.
The perks of being a member of our team don’t stop at collaborating with outstanding people on innovative and customer centric projects. We host corporate challenges, summer picnics and volunteer opportunities. Here are a few more perks for you:
- Performance-based bonus program
- Professional development, training and growth opportunities
- A defined career framework with support for moving your career forward
- Healthy work-life balance
- 401(k) plan
- Profit sharing
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance
- Dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off plans
- Wellness program
- Discounted product
- Fun company events
- Casual dress environment
- Flexible work schedules with remote options
- Brand new, modern office with free Starbucks and an on-site gym
InterDesign is also pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a drug-free and smoke-free work environment. If you wish to apply for employment with InterDesign and need special assistance or an accommodation to complete our application process, please contact [email protected]